Q: Your Health Secrets and Tips?
A: Nourish my mind, body and spirit.
1. Don’t diet, but consciously choose to nourish your amazing body with healthy fuel. Eat more plants, fruits, and vegetables that pump awesome superfoods with anti-inflammatory benefits, into your body. If you have a farmers market near you, start there!
2. Incorporate healthy fats into your diet daily. Coconut oil is one of my favorites and I even use it on my skin! You can lose fat by eating fat—the right fats—as you fire up your metabolism and feel more satisfied resulting in better food decisions throughout the day!
3. Also make sure to kick-start your metabolism with a healthy breakfast. This sets the tone for your day, and when you provide your body and mind with healthy fuel, you not only benefit your overall health, but your mind is sharper and decisions clearer and you feel more energized. Eating clean is something I do regularly but I also don’t believe in deprivation or cheat days. If I want a treat I am not going to punish myself for it, because it’s about balance, living and enjoying life and many times, life is celebrated over food with friends and loved ones.
4. Work out! Move your body daily and don’t be afraid to sweat. It is so beneficial to do so! There is no such thing as a bad workout and you always feel better afterwards!
5. Hydrate. Water, water, and more water. Your skin will thank you, your internal organs will thank you, and so will the nagging headache you might have midday.
6. I would say that the older I get, the more I realize how important it is to my health, to surround myself with those who truly feel good to be around, those who inspire me, push me to be better, do better and love me for me! Letting go of those who don’t is quite freeing and allows me to be better to myself and those wonderful loved ones in my life.
7. Do the things that fire up your soul and do more of them because when we are happy and showing ourselves love, we attract that back into our lives from others.
Q: How do you stay fit? What is your regimen?
A: I work out every morning to kick-start my day and I always feel better mentally and physically. I tend to work out outdoors as much as possible with my go-to workouts being running; it clears my mind and feels great to just lace up the sneakers and go running, hiking, and cycling, but balance things out with weight training, three to four days a week in the gym. I train my entire body and mix things up to keep my heartrate up with HIIT training, trx and dumbbells. I incorporate yoga into my weekly regimen as well to keep me balanced. It forces me to slow down, disconnect, and breathe. Yoga also helps my overall fitness regimen as it has increased my flexibility and opened up tight muscles so I can continue to feel stronger in body and mind.
Anne-Marie Berte is a health and nutrition coach and personal trainer, specializing in optimizing overall health and wellness, and educating on what fuel nourishes your mind, body, and spirit to achieve your best self.